Ocala Truck Accident Lawyers
Injured in a Truck Accident in Marion County?
If you were injured in a truck accident, you know how devastating it can be to deal with the aftermath. You may be dealing with medical bills, missed wages, and pain and suffering. You may also not be well enough to return to work or to do the things you used to do without pain.
You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and the losses you have suffered. At Schackow & Mercadante, our Ocala truck accident attorneys have provided compassionate and personalized legal services since 1965. We understand what it takes to help you make the best possible recovery from injury.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
A truck accident refers to a collision involving a commercial truck, which is a large motor vehicle used for transporting goods. These accidents can vary in severity, causing property damage, injuries, and even fatalities.
Trucks have a higher inertia and momentum due to their mass, so even a slight change in speed or direction requires a significant amount of energy, making it difficult to maneuver or avoid accidents in certain situations. Due to the sheer size and weight of trucks, accidents involving them can be particularly devastating and have a higher potential for causing significant damage and harm.
Common types of truck accidents include:
- Rear-End Collisions: These occur when a truck crashes into the back of another vehicle, often due to sudden braking or distracted driving. The weight difference between a truck and a smaller vehicle can lead to serious injuries for the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- Jackknife Accidents: In these accidents, the trailer of a truck swings outward, forming an angle with the cab, resembling a jackknife. This can happen when the truck's wheels lock up, causing the trailer to skid out of control.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollovers occur when a truck flips onto its side or roof. These accidents are often the result of taking a turn too sharply at high speeds or due to other factors like poor road conditions or uneven weight distribution.
- Underride Accidents: An underride accident occurs when a smaller vehicle collides with the rear or side of a truck and gets lodged underneath it. This can result in severe damage to the smaller vehicle and catastrophic injuries to its occupants.
- Blind Spot Accidents: Trucks have large blind spots on all sides due to their size and design. Accidents can occur when vehicles are in these blind spots, and the truck driver may not be aware of their presence when changing lanes or making turns.
- Tire Blowouts: A blowout occurs when one of the truck's tires suddenly bursts. This can lead to loss of control, especially at high speeds, potentially causing the truck to veer into other lanes or off the road.
- Brake Failure Accidents: Brake failure in a large truck can lead to an inability to stop or slow down, increasing the likelihood of a severe collision.
- Wide Turn Accidents: Trucks need more space to turn due to their longer length. When a truck driver makes a wide turn without signaling properly or other vehicles fail to give them enough space, accidents can occur.
- Lost Load Accidents: Trucks that are not properly loaded or secured can shed their cargo onto the road, posing a danger to other vehicles and causing accidents.
- Drowsy Driving Accidents: Truck drivers often face long hours on the road, leading to fatigue and drowsiness. Falling asleep at the wheel can result in serious accidents.
- Distracted Driving Accidents: Like all drivers, truck drivers can become distracted by activities such as texting, eating, or using in-cab entertainment systems, leading to accidents.
- Weather-Related Accidents: Adverse weather conditions like rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, increasing the risk of accidents involving trucks.
Why Choose Schackow & Mercadante?
If you were injured in a truck accident, our experienced Ocala truck accident attorneys can help you hold trucking companies accountable for their negligence and get the compensation you deserve.
When you choose our firm to represent you, you can rest assured knowing you are in good hands. We have a proven track record of success in protecting the rights, health, and best interests of our clients inside and outside the courtroom.
Our Ocala truck accident lawyers can help you if you were injured in a truck accident. We can help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call (352) 261-6767 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
“I met with Marie Banks to go over Car Accident Preparedness. She was awesome and so full of knowledge. Patient with all my questions and I left her office feeling good about the insurance I had and felt prepared if an accident were to happen. She treated me like family. Thank you! 10 out of 10 would definitely recommend.”
Personalized Advice & Concierge Level Experience
Direct Communication With Your Attorney
Over 125 Years of Combined Experience
Practicing in The Gainesville Area 55+ Years