Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Gainesville
Struck by a Vehicle While Walking?
Were you or a loved one struck by a vehicle while walking, jogging, or running? A collision between a pedestrian and a vehicle is often a traumatic event resulting in catastrophic injuries. To make matters worse, the victim is often confused by what has happened and may or may not have the presence of mind to determine the extent of their injuries.
While most victims are fortunate enough to recover, the injuries sustained after contact with a moving vehicle can be life-altering. To protect your rights, it is vital to seek legal counsel without delay. Only your lawyer can advise you as to the liability of the others and be entrusted to accurately document the details of the collision before important pieces of evidence begin to fade.
At Schackow & Mercadante, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Gainesville are experienced in handling all types of accidents, including those that involve:
- Children struck by vehicles
- Pedestrians hit by drunk drivers
- Pedestrians hit by distracted drivers
- Pedestrians injured in a hit-and-run
- Drivers failing to yield at crosswalks
- Back-up/back-over accidents
Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident
Being involved in a pedestrian accident can be a traumatic experience. It's important to take the right steps to protect your health and legal rights.
Here are some steps to take if you've been in a pedestrian accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you don't feel injured.
- Call the police and file a report.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including any vehicle involved and any visible injuries.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police and your personal injury lawyer.
- Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
At Schackow & Mercadante, our Gainesville pedestrian accident lawyers are dedicated to helping injured victims recover the compensation they deserve. We understand the challenges you may be facing and are here to provide trusted legal guidance and support.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, it's important to seek the help of an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights.
At Schackow & Mercadante, our Gainesville pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We understand the complex laws surrounding pedestrian accidents and can help you navigate through the legal system to ensure that your rights are protected.
Some of the ways our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you include:
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence to support your claim
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Calculating the full extent of your damages, including future medical expenses and lost wages
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary to pursue maximum compensation
- Providing emotional support and guidance throughout the entire legal process
Don't let a pedestrian accident leave you with financial and emotional burdens. Contact Schackow & Mercadante today to schedule a free consultation.
Understanding Florida Pedestrian Laws
Florida has specific laws in place to protect pedestrians and ensure their safety on the roads. Understanding these laws can help you navigate the legal process if you've been involved in a pedestrian accident.
Some important Florida pedestrian laws to be aware of include:
- Right-of-Way: Drivers must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections, even if there are no marked crosswalks.
- Use of Sidewalks: Pedestrians should use sidewalks when available. If there are no sidewalks, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Obeying Traffic Signals: Pedestrians must obey traffic signals and cross the road only when the signal indicates it is safe to do so.
- Prohibited Actions: Pedestrians should not suddenly leave a curb or other safe place and walk or run into the path of a vehicle that is so close it is impossible for the driver to yield.
By understanding these laws, you can better protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve if you've been injured in a pedestrian accident.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Medical Care & Other Damages
No matter how vigilant a pedestrian, runner, or jogger may be, they can quickly suffer permanent injuries at the hands of an intoxicated, careless, or distracted driver.
Even though you survived, you could still be faced with devastating losses for ambulance bills, hospital costs, pain and suffering, loss of present and future income, emotional damages, and medical expenses for ongoing treatments.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a pedestrian-vehicle accident, put our experience to work for you. Our trial attorneys can quantify your claim for damages, negotiate with the at-fault driver's insurance company, file a personal injury lawsuit, and represent your case in court if needed.
Personalized Advice & Concierge Level Experience
Direct Communication With Your Attorney
Over 125 Years of Combined Experience
Practicing in The Gainesville Area 55+ Years