Williston Car Accident Lawyer
Ready to Help You Today
When you are involved in a car accident, it can be a traumatic experience. You may be unsure of what to do next or how to proceed. At Schackow & Mercadante, our Williston car accident attorneys are here to help. We can guide you through the process of filing a claim and seeking compensation for your injuries and other damages.
What are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. In some cases, they are the result of unavoidable circumstances, such as inclement weather. In other cases, they are the result of human error or negligence. When a car accident is caused by the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Williston include:
- Distracted Driving: This includes texting, talking on the phone, eating, or any other activity that diverts the driver's attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Driving at speeds higher than the posted limit or too fast for road conditions reduces reaction time and control.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time.
- Reckless Driving: This includes aggressive behaviors like tailgating, changing lanes abruptly, or ignoring traffic signs and signals.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, fog, or icy roads can decrease visibility and traction, leading to accidents.
- Fatigue: Driving while tired or drowsy can impair reaction time and decision-making abilities.
- Mechanical Failure: Issues with brakes, tires, steering, or other car parts can lead to accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, or inadequate signage can contribute to accidents.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Lack of experience and unfamiliarity with traffic laws or road conditions can lead to mistakes.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws: Running red lights, not yielding, or improper lane changes can cause accidents.
What are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be life-threatening. When you are involved in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away, even if you do not think you are injured. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can become more serious over time.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: This occurs when the neck is suddenly and forcefully jolted, leading to neck strain or sprain due to the rapid back-and-forth movement.
- Broken Bones: Fractures in arms, legs, wrists, ribs, or other parts of the body due to impact or force during the collision.
- Head Injuries: These can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and can vary in severity, affecting cognitive abilities, memory, or motor function.
- Back Injuries: Herniated discs, spinal cord injuries, or sprains in the back due to the impact of the collision.
- Burns: Exposure to fire or hot surfaces in the car can lead to burns of varying degrees.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Broken glass, twisted metal, or loose objects in the car can cause cuts, scrapes, or deep lacerations.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma during an accident can cause damage to internal organs, leading to bleeding, bruising, or organ damage.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons, causing pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Psychological Injuries: Emotional trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression resulting from the accident.
- Seat Belt and Airbag Injuries: In some cases, the use of safety devices like seat belts and airbags can cause bruises, abrasions, or more serious injuries due to their deployment.
Why Choose Our Firm?
At Schackow & Mercadante, our Williston car accident lawyers are here to help. We can guide you through the process of filing a claim and seeking compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Our team can help with the following:
- Investigating the accident: Our team can investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove liability. This may include reviewing the police report, interviewing witnesses, and working with accident reconstruction experts.
- Calculating your damages: Our team can help you calculate the full extent of your damages, including your medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: Our team can handle all negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. We will fight to protect your rights and help you seek the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
- Filing a lawsuit: If the insurance company denies your claim or offers a low settlement, our team can file a lawsuit and represent you in court. We have extensive experience litigating car accident cases and will fight to protect your rights every step of the way.
Contact our Williston car accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. We can review the details of your case and help you understand how much your case is worth.
“I met with Marie Banks to go over Car Accident Preparedness. She was awesome and so full of knowledge. Patient with all my questions and I left her office feeling good about the insurance I had and felt prepared if an accident were to happen. She treated me like family. Thank you! 10 out of 10 would definitely recommend.”
Personalized Advice & Concierge Level Experience
Direct Communication With Your Attorney
Over 125 Years of Combined Experience
Practicing in The Gainesville Area 55+ Years